At Nature’s Friends, our proudest work and most glowing customer praise is for our landscape designs. We have been transforming yards into lush, serene, and sustainable natural spaces for over 20 years. Perhaps you just some recommendations for a particular bed and aren’t sure which shrubs or plants would make sense. Or maybe you are ready for a full redesign of your back yard, installing an outdoor kitchen, living area, firepit, gazebo, or your new pool deck landscaping. Whatever the project, large or small, we have design ideas that you’ll love, and will work with you to customize a solution, install it professionally and on time.
Our landscape designs are will look beautiful on day one, but more importantly, we design with the next 10 years in mind. The height of every shrub, the spreading shady canopy of trees as they grow, the crowding and spacing of each placement is factored into a design.
What Should I Consider in my Landscape Design Ideas?
Cliff and/or our landscape architect will discuss your project and walk around the yard together. During this initial exploration and design process, we will be considering:
- Your personal taste, types of plants you like, colors
- How you will use the space: entertaining others? Quiet solitude? Children or pets in the yard?
- Level of maintenance: we’ll suggest designs and plants that fit your desired level of maintenance. Some clients prefer space to “play” in their garden, others want low maintenance and low water designs.
- Existing structures, hedges, healthy trees and shrubs, beds to incorporate
- Drainage flow on your property, slope of yard
- Sun patterns throughout the year
- Utilities/watering options/proximity
- Hardscape options such as stone paths, outdoor kitchens, firepits, fencing
Our certified landscape architect will then design and draw a plan for your yard, using the latest CAD software. Our plan will consider your tastes and desires, as well as making new suggestions if needed.
Adding even a small feature such as a bench or path will give your landscape a more finished and aesthetically appealing look. And a new outdoor kitchen and firepit are life-changing additions for families who love entertaining or ‘living’ in their backyard.
We are pros at all hardscaping options and are ready to incorporate them all into your design: outdoor living spaces, decks and patios, multi-level terraces, gazebos, outdoor kitchens, pavilions, fire pits, benches, stone paths, driveways, retaining walls, bed borders.
Maryland is Home
Having lived and designed in Maryland for over 20 years, we understand the climate here, and know which plants and trees thrive. We like to use native plants when recommended, and our designs are water conscious.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation and so we can start creating your own lush slice of paradise!